Monday 28 September 2009

28/09/2009- the one that just about got away

After the usual walk around the Downs, on my way back I spotted a large and bulky, pale Warbler with faint barring across some of its body. I am fairly confident it may have been a BARRED WARBLER but it crept into the bush all to quickly for me to go over the features 'officially' in my head if you know what I mean. It was getting dark and cold and the bird wouldn't show again so I had to give up but I'm back at first light tomorrow and will let positive news out immediately.


Other birds included 2 PHEASANTS (male and female flushed at Bikers', the male had a short tail), 1 TREECREEPER, 2 BULLFINCHES, 1 GOLDCREST, 1 MEADOW PIPIT, 3 COAL TITS (one still at Bikers' and two at the Merlin Pasture), 3 ROSE-RINGED PARAKEETS, 3 BLACKCAPS, 3+ CHIFFCHAFFS, 2 GREEN WOODPECKERS, 1 GOLDFINCH over, 1 SONG THRUSH.

Also seen:

2+ BLACKBIRDS, 10+ HERRING GULLS, 3 WREN, 6+ CHAFFINCHES, 1 DUNNOCK, 5 FERAL PIGEONS over, 7+ JACKDAWS, several WOODPIGEONS and CARRION CROWS, 7+ BLUE TITS, c.7 ROBINS, c.10 GREAT TITS, 5+ JAYS, c.20 LONG-TAILED TITS and 4 MAGPIES.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back on blogger, D! Speak soon, Bill. I'll link your new blogs to mine.

    ReplyDelete