Tuesday 8 September 2009

08/09/2009- slightly better . . .

Today was a slight improvement. I popped over to the golf course this afternoon following school where the highlight was a single HOBBY, a patch year tick, bringing me up to 62, I'm glad I got this back, I didn't think I'd get this species this year.

Otherwise, it was quiet, a couple of COMMON CHIFFCHAFFS called, 3 ROSE-RINGED PARAKEETS flew over and, well, that was about it really I guess. A Robin was chasing some chat-like bird which had a different jizz, we'll never know if it was something interesting.

10 or so BLACK-HEADED GULLS were hawking over the south end and some HERRING GULLS flew over.

A single juvenile GREEN WOODPECKER showed well, did they breed on the golf course too or has one of the core offspring moved here?

A bit of Belmont Pastures news; a GREY HERON flew over there yesterday and there was a female ROSE-RINGED PARAKEET in the big bare tree and 3 others flew over.

I'm still waiting to get a west country passerine anywhere locally though . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment