Thursday 15 October 2009

15/10/2009 - another one that got away . . .

Late afternoon. No notebook so approximate counts

I spotted a probable CETTI'S WARBLER just NE of the southern bridge on the way back. All I got on it was: a rich brown warbler flying into a bush, I got a view of its head for >1 second and it showed rich brown tones and an obvious eyestripe which seemed to turn up a bit at the back. Frustratingly, after much waiting it refused to show again to be clinched.

I belatedly caught up with my first REDWINGS of the autumn for the site today with at least 10 present on land. There was also a handful of SONG THRUSHES around. Light overhead passage of Gulls with 1 COMMON C.5 BLACK-HEADED +C.10 HERRING. +11 ROSE-RINGED PARAKEETS NE. 1-2 PIED WAGTAILS c.north.

Little else was seen today. 1 KESTREL +1 SPARROWHAWK, 1 LINNET, 1 GOLDFINCH, C.5 CHAFFINCHES, >5 JAYS etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment